07-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iTurbo'd View Post
No pic!!

Which QD do you use? Which microfiber towels do you find to be the most gentle? I have PBW spray and wipe but was thinking maybe optimum or dodo juise QD what is your opinion? Will microfiber mitt be more gentle than wool mitt? I also use a foam gun. I just got this car a while back so all this damage was done prior to my ownership.
I did post the pics. I didn't take any pic during the wash because beside being OCD.... I also have (at times) CRS (Can't Remember Shit).

Look for towels that are at the minimum 70/30 microfiber. I prefer towels that are dual sided (short nap on one side - for buffing, long nap on the other- for cleaning). I own several sizes of towels. I use an extra-large (51"x31") towel for drying. This size covers a large area and it allows me to fold up the end so that I could run my hands over the towel to dry the car without moving the towel itself. There is another use for this big towel during the polishing stage. The towel generally is not too wet since I use a blower so I would use the same towel to cover a completed section of the car while I am polishing another to minimize dust from getting back on.

I really don't have an opinion of QD. They all seem to work about the same for my purpose. I use QD for the final wipe because I want to reduce the friction cause by a dry towel on a dry surface.

Wool mitt seems to be able to hold more soap and it should work just as well.

Everyone might have their own ways of doing this but our goal is the same.

Enjoy your car... Do some driving.... Deep down, people (myself included) who are into this sort of things wants to be seen DRIVING in their clean cars. IMO