View Single Post
      07-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #112
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
He was the guy bad mouthing other dealers. I told him that people don't like that coming from a dealership. Poor guy got the message....from his boss. Ouch.
Ouch, wtf. That's heavy-handed. Not even a talking-to, straight up fire? (I guess - based on the post above)?? That's wack. Serpa - I won't buy from you, ever, if that is the case, because that's just outright dumb. You sell cars, but people are your biggest strength - and honest employees, rather than crafty salesmen, are what draws me to a dealership. I hate the typical salesmen.

Btw, the statement about dealers supporting each other? Bullshit. Of course, you will all defend each other, but it's when the dollars are at play that it's truly tested. Case in point: Autohaus, where I got my car from, "supports" other dealers, I'm sure. But when I wanted my car transferred to another dealer to save me a 600km drive? Nope. "We know we can sell the car and make a profit on it, so why would we bother selling at cost?" Support, my ass. And even BMW Waterloo's sales manager at the time, a (as I understood) lady fairly high up in the circles of BMW Canada sales channels, couldn't force them - but found it highly unusual. "Support"? Sure. Now hire your guy back but kick his ass for overstepping his bounds.