Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Blur View Post
Hey all,

I just picked up my 07 335 coupe a couple of weeks ago. My username was Jimwantsa3 and is now Alpine Blur. I have been posting on the main forum for a few weeks but I thought I would intro myself to the SA crowd. I have already traded e-mail with Skim once (sorry I couldn't make it to the first meet).

Here is the link to the post I put up when I got the car (some pics as well):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202723

I am hoping I will be able to make some valid contributions.

I will start SA involvement by passing along some info:

I was reading about the HPFP and a possible relation to ethanol content in fuel. SInce Valero is the most convenient gas retailer for me, I contacted them about their ethanol content. They say there is no ethanol in their fuel here in San Antonio but that they have an ethanol blend they are required to use in Houston. I am not sure why there is a difference.

Next, I have a few Carfax searches left on my account. Please PM me if you want me to run a VIN.

Lastly, I just DL the torrent for the BMW 2009.1 nav maps and burned it successfully to a dvd. It works great in my car.

Here is the link to the torrent: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...174810&page=29

If you are unable to burn a copy, I'd be happy to burn one for any of the local SA guys/gals.

Jim
Hey Jim,

I'm not quite a resident of SA yet (June of this year!) however, I wanted to comment on the ethanol question. This is the EPA's way of attempting to regulate the amount of pollution generated in densely populated areas. Ethanol burns cleaner and therefore produces less carbons. San Antonio doesn't contribute as much as Houston in the way of pollution. This data is collected through the use of smog checks/number of vehicles registered per square mile etc. Doesn't help our cars to run any better though.

I used to work in the environmental industry and unfortunately retained too much information.

Peace.

Appreciate 0