View Single Post
      01-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #1236
llryem
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjinsa View Post
When my car was brand new, it started ticking at 250 miles. That was its only "issue" from the start so I just drove it that way for a year. Dealer did the head replacement at my first oil change -- 12,000 when it was a year old. It works. Many can attest to that being the final fix. Anyone?

Point is, fight for a head replacement because it's the best likely fix. You should go to a different dealer if they're giving you a hard time. My dealer gave me no hassles at all. They did the bleed procedure first, I returned in a week when the ticking returned, and they did the head replacement no questions asked. It was there for a week.

Your issue may be different from mine but I do know this fixed my issue. Yeah, it's only been 5,000 miles since the fix but considering mine ticked with a brand new engine at 250 miles, I think I'm safe. There has been no sign of ticking, cold, hot, driven short trips, driven long trips. It's great.

I wish you the best of luck. Persist!
Thank you and I guess i will persist since there isn't another dealership here in nashville and the closest one is an hour away. so by the time i get there, i will not be able to duplicate the noise because the engine will be warm.
Appreciate 0