View Single Post
      05-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #1224
CoastalJay
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i/4 in Montego Blue

Just purchased an '07 328i w/ Nav, Bluetooth, Premium Pkg. It has the AUX jack, but not USB (I'm assuming this means that I do NOT have 6FL). I'm currently using the BMW y-adapter cable, in combo with a cig-lighter plug-in adapter that I can plug the USB part of the y-cable in for charging. This current setup let's me charge my iPhone, and play audio via the AUX audio source, BUT, I do not have the ability to change songs easily, only via the device itself. The cig-lighter adpater is kinda tall too, so when playing my iPhone I have to keep the arm rest up -- annoying!

So, my question is this, what is the best route to go to get fully integrated audio from my iPhone to the nav system, allowing for control of the iPhone from the steering wheel buttons, and keeping the ability to charge the device?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll continue reading through the large number of pages, but if anyone is/was in a similar situation, and can shed some light, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
Appreciate 0