View Single Post
      06-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes12985 View Post
Has anyone ever seen this ECU reflash or whatever it is for the 335i??? Heres a link.....http://www.myhotbmw.com/bmw/All/Perf...ce_CHIP/533079. Mike.
I don't know, but those guys are friggin nuts...$2,040 for +40hp over stock and +39lb/ft of torque over stock. Somehow, I think the crystal ball shows that either they'll be dropping their price to around $300 or they'll be out of business by the end of the year.

btw -- How do we really know their s/w chip reflash works (just from 1 dyno?) and how do we know it's been proven to be safe without blowing up the engine? Where are all their beta test cars? Gotta love all these fly-by-night companies coming out of the woodwork, huh?

EDIT -- oh, ok...that's the Turner 335i ECU flash. Well, we all thought they were crazy for charging so much (for so little) when it first came out. I guess they won't be selling too many of those things, huh? For that kind of power gain, the quick and easy install/uninstall TT is a much better, more cost effective product, imho.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 06-15-2007 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0