TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
I'm partial to BMS and the jb4. Ive used their products for more than 3 years. I have never been disappointed and Terry's customer service is absolutely legendary. It seems both the JB4 and Proceede are pretty equal in terms of performance.

I'm kicking arround the idea of picking up a proceede from shiv for some independent testing, but I don't have the time and don't feel like blowing the cash on separate dyno visits. A dyno is one of the most accurate ways to test, but it'll only be a fair comparison if each tune has been given time to adapt and all other factors are equal. Back to back pulls may favor the first tune due to heat soak or it may favor the second due to adaptation.
When i say back to back i mean i will unstrap the car from the dyno and drive it around 20-30 minutes with some WOT pulls to let it adapt again.

I had JB3 in the past and preferred procede over it. but at that time i relied more on the butt dyno and proceed just felt smoother. I will give each tune a fair shot.

Most likely my buddy with the 135i n54 will also try out both tunes on the dyno. So we will run the comparison in both cars and split the dyno costs.

To answer EnjoixE92, active autowerkes tune isnt even being considered, its way behind the ball and to be honest as a local all of the experience i've had with talking to them has been crappy so i'm not going to be buying any parts from them anytime soon.

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0