View Single Post
      10-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #13
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

I'd be very interested to see pics of you car with the wheels fitted B33M3R, I think the black and gunmetal finish will look superb. In fact, why not anyone post pics here of their winter setup, this would be a good reference point for anyone considering their options.

I suspect winter Tyres will become quite hard to come by when the weather does turn, having said that stocks held by tyre vendors are considerably higher this year It seems.

I'd be interested to know whether people fitting winter Tyres are self employed (I am). I suspect far greater numbers of people self employed will be likely to want to get to work (stats show self employed people take far less sick leave). I suppose companies do need to help their employees get to work, least not by applying pressure to company funded lease companies. UK Insurers need to reward motorists fitting winter Tyres rather than penalise or make life difficult. There probably should be a government initiative, otherwise this is unlikely to happen (there was in Holland, and there uptake was rapid).

Remember, all weather tyres and summer tyres in particular degrade more quickly in cold temperatures, the compound turns brittle and fragments.
Appreciate 0