View Single Post
      05-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #119
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
but without any options, and with a 1.6L 4cyl... and nothing nice about them.. a kia or hyundai is nicer for about half the money

not joking, have you seen how nice they are these days?

heck, have you BEEN in a totally optionless 116i? it's absolutely horrible (looking too), gutless, boring, and not even really efficient for what it is
Actually funny you mention that. My mom was looking for a new car last year and looked at a new Hyundai Santa Fe. Looked at fully equipped models, but when it came down to the test drive she hated it. She was too accustomed to her older X3. She ended up getting an F25 X3 despite it having a few less features but being a good bit more expensive.

Makes sense if you're going for features to stray away from the basic featured car, but topic of priority for someone purchasing a BMW should be the driving characteristics and safety. Then creature comforts.

A lot of companies hide cheap engineering with lots of bells and whistles.

One thing though, I can't ever imagine a TOTALLY stripped down new car. I've heard UK is common for leatherette or cloth seats in the bmws. I agree that I probably wouldn't stand for it.

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0