United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 528i

Garage List
2006 E90 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpepper View Post
Hi Guys
I am planning to detail my wife's SUV this weekend, (so to get some experience to be implemented later on my Bimmer .
My questions are :
1.do you have to use the Zaino ZFX prior to the Z-5 ( for dark finish) or Z2 pro ( for white ) ?
2. Is this going to be the right sequence for a navy-blue matalic finish :
wash-dry-clay-Zaino AIO-zaino 5 pro - Z8 finish ? did i miss anything ?
3. can i apply Z-5 pro with the 7424 ? if so, what pad would you recommend
( I was thinking about the Lake-Country Gray ?)

Thanks for your help

BP
1. You never have to use ZFX ... but the curing time is longer w/o. Also, if you use ZAIO, the next coat of Z5 or Z2 doesn't need ZFX. ZFX mixes with Z2 or Z5 -- you just add a few drops (4-5) to your small 2.0 oz. bottle.

2. Your sequence is fine as is. If you want, you can go for multiple coats of Z5 and or Z2. Per Zaino, if you use both, your last coat should be Z2.

3. I use a Porter Cable myself, and it definitely makes application easier / faster. Contrary to the experience of many, I find that it helps me apply a thinner coat and that I use less product than when applying by hand.

4. I would go with a finishing pad, definitely for the Z5. For the ZAIO, you could use a more aggressive pad, but only do this is your surface justifies.

2006 325xi |SG - Terra - Walnut | Steptronic | Premium Package - Nav | Zenon Adaptive Headlights | Blacklines; iPod Adapter
Appreciate 0