View Single Post
      05-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #204
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

here are some datalogs for a few of the intercoolers that was posted several pages ago. make your own conclusions as to which one has superior heat soak control and ait temp reduction...I have been asking for datalogs for all of the intercoolers currently in production, regardless if they perform better or worse than helix. it sounds like you want to know the fmic landscape as much as I do and I am not worried one bit in regards to the pressure drop testing. I already know via shivs testing Helix beat 2 of the current units on the market. I know the quality of the core and internal fin aerodynamics and I know our additional 5-6 charge rows will lower our pressure drop while at the same time adding a larger internal surface area for Temp reduction. as I said we will be more than happy to throw one of our intercoolers into an INDEPENDANT fmic shootout on a same car same day test!

Ambient Temp: 58
PSi: 14.5
Starting IAT: 73
Ending IAT: 96

ETS FMIC 2-3-4 gear run 58 degree ambient temp 23 degree temp rise in 3 gears

AMS FMIC 2-3-4 gear run 58 Degree ambient temp - 22 Degree temp rise in 3 gears

Helix FMIC 2-3-4 gear run 85 degree ambient temp - 8 degree temp rise in 3 gears

Spearco/Code 3, 2-3-4 gear run in CELSIUS 65 degree ambient temp-
Temps rise from 46(114f) degrees C to 59(139f) 25 degree temp rise in 3 gears

Last edited by TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management; 05-17-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0