View Single Post
      07-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #219
Overboost
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i

I guess you haven't realized that I havent disagreed with u... At the end of the day the discussion of turbo efficiency and maps still come back to the argument of heat and IATs. The whole point of my argument is that at any given manifold pressure colder denser air (air at lower IAT) will always make more power than hotter less dense air. Therefore keeping the final out put of the intercooler consant i.e the manifold pressure, the interooler that manages to keep the temps down will still produce better results. You do know that it is possible that an intercooler can compensate for a turbo operating out of its efficiency range? I do agree with you that they don't have to work harder but disagreeing with my statement shows that you do not get the point of my argument as stated above that colder will always yeild more power given that the final psi in the manifold is the same between the intercoolers in the comparison. Just to state a -10* F difference in temps for a 3000cc motor at 14psi above atmospheric pressure and a head with approximately 80% efficiency will have about 5.6x10^21 more molecules of oxygen in its combustion chamber meaning more power LOL. Just wanted to be silly so i did a quick calculation.
Appreciate 0