View Single Post
      09-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #1234
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabimmer View Post
good day !!! have been reading a gazillion posts .... and im sure that i have read the answer at least that many times ... im picking up my first BMW this friday ... a 07 328i ... and its "sapphire black" .... i would say that im a "regualar" driver ... work .. commute ... evenings out ... not a "showing" kinda person ... although i do wish to step up the look of the new ride .... have read many pros and cons about this color ... more pros than cons ... the condition of the car is better than average ... but i want to take it to the next level ... my experience in taking it to this level .???? well ...not much past dumping out the buckets .... after the wash !! might you point me in the right direction ??? threads i could read about this color ... ??? your thoughts ???? i live in florida ... were coming out of the rainy season ... it wont be so deadly hot anymore .... thx
Congrats on the BMW pick up. Black can look amazing when properly detailed, but it can also be an eye sore if there are tons of swirls in the paint.

The first thing you'll want to do is invest in quality washing and drying products and learn the proper washing and drying techniques. Swirls and other imperfections typically occur due to improper washing and drying techniques or using dirty or ineffective equipment. A good starting point for you would be this wash kit paired up with a couple of 5 gallon buckets if you don't already have them.

If you want to ease into detailing without investing in a buffer to remove swirls but still want to add more depth and gloss than you currently have, I'd recommend going a glaze then topping it with a sealant. This is easy as applying both products thinly and removing them with some quality microfiber towels. I'd suggest going with Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze then topping that coat with some Blackfire Wet Diamond.

That would cover your paint, beyond that, you'll want to pick up some stuff for your glass, wheels and tires, and interior. Some of my go-to products for those steps are...
Chemical Guys Window Clean
Optimum Protectant Plus (cleans and protects vinyl, rubber, leather and plastic surfaces)
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner (great degreaser and works outstanding on cleaning carpets, tires, wheel wells, engine bays and virtually any other stained surface when diluted properly)
Poorboy's World Bold 'n Bright Gel

That should be a start for you. If you have any other questions or would like any other suggestions for specific areas of your car, please do not hesitate to ask.

George
Appreciate 0