10-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #1248
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSum View Post
Hey DI,

I bought some Menzerna Super Intensive Polish for my E90, what pad should I be using to get rid of the spider marks with my Porter Cable? I have 3 pads, 1 blue, 1 white and 1 orange. I have purchased the Menzerna Super Finish polish to finish after using the SIP stuff. Is this a good combination? Or should I be using something else? I also have a small bottle of M205 from Meguiers.
I also noticed some corosion on my paint, like darken'ed spots which I cannot get out by washing. I noticed that if I use the clay bar with a bit more force I am able to get it out.

Please let me know what you think. I have a Titanium Silver, MY2007.
That's a pretty solid combination, definitely a classic go to used by many. I'd use the SIP with the orange pad and the Super Finish with the white pad. Or you could go with the M205 on the white pad and if you wanted to finish down even further, go Super Finish with the black. Certainly not necessary to do 3 steps, but it's an option.

Polishing should take care of those spots if claying was removing them with some effort, or simply continue to clay to remove them just use more lube and more passes rather than forcing it.

Hope this helps.

George
Appreciate 0