View Single Post
      12-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostGetsULaid View Post
3 more years... and the lease will be $10-$20 more a month 3 yr. lease.
and the screen name came from a JDM shirt I saw a while ago sorry
No need to be sorry, its just the internet.

Given the amount of time you have left on your loan I would suspect you have some negative equity (although, buying it used is a wild card if you got a really good deal you may have a bit of equity in the car), if you would have to pay to get out of your 3 then I would say keep it. At least you would have a trade in to put toward your next car in three years instead of just giving back your lease.

I don't know how many miles you currently have, but these car should be pretty solid to 90,000 miles you may have to do a water pump and a brake job, but there shouldn't be anything major.

That being said, if you are stretching to afford your car payment, and you can get out of your 3 with out losing money, a lease may not be a terrible idea. Your car expense will be fixed, and you won't have any surprises, just beware of going over your mileage, and you will have to put at least a set of rear tires on the car before you return it. You will also have to be saving a little bit of cash for your next car in three years

With the little information that I have, I would think that keeping your current car would probably be your best financial move....but new cars are fun, and there is value to having fun too.
Appreciate 0