12-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
jrUTlaw
Esquire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiike32 View Post
option 3 go to warrantydirect.com get an extended warranty for $2k, and drive the car you like.

On my other car, 04 eclipse, I've filed 2 claims. Both times it was a smooth and painless process.
Sorry to hijack your thread, but Spiike32, what kind of warranty can you get at warranty direct for 2k? I discussed getting an extended warranty through them but it was going to be $2500 at least, and most were over $3k. The ones for under $2500 were "Powertrain" warranties and over covered a few parts and only for like 2000 miles or something crazy low like that.

OP, I have never leased a car, but it seems like it might be a good option for you in this situation. The big factors that you mentioned is that you would have a brand new car and 0 worries about maintenance/repairs and could drive your own car, rather than your dad driving your car. Good luck.