View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewind View Post
I've always had premium sound options on my cars, but couldn't do so with my latest purchase of a 2013 E92.

While Hi-Fi is better than I expected, but still very disappointing (very bland though with high clarity) compared to the HK systems that I've been used to.

Since this car is a lease, I don't want to spend a ton of money even if the system is totally removable because it will be very difficult to sell it separately after 3 years.

My goal is to take hi-fi to at least on par with HK.

What is the best route here? BSW stage 1? Musicar stage 1? Or just an amp upgrade will suffice? Or does it take Musicar stage 2 or above?

I've read all the stickies and other threads, but couldn't find any direct comparison between those upgrade to the stock HK system.

Thanks for any advice!
Because your car is a lease I would suggest a full PnP upgrade that you can unplug and sell at lease turn in, while giving you the Logic7 that you are looking for:

- BSW front speakers
- DLS 224 center speaker
- JBL MS-8
- HiFi to MS-8 PnP harness

Leave the OEM woofers and rear OEM speakers in place. Replace OEM HiFi amp with the MS-8.

That would be the closest that you can get to an OEM HK retrofit for less cost and much better sound.

One thing about the MS-8: it could induce Bluetooth echo at the callers end, and it may fail. The Bluetooth echo can be managed by tuning/calibration. The failures have been greatly reduced since introduction 2-years ago -but it is strongly recommended to get it with factory warranty. JBL responds quite quickly and efficiently to warranty claims.
Appreciate 0