View Single Post
      04-05-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
tikka
Rep
Drives: na

Unbelievable BMW Service :(

I brought a second hand E90 330I a few weeks ago and took it in to a BMW dealer for a fix on the stereo amp and steering column (both replaced under warrenty). Dropped the car off on Wednesday and pick it up on Friday because they had problem with the software upgrade.

When I picked it up, drove back to work which is only 10 mins away I saw the following off the front bumper.

Bottom left of front bumper

Top left of front bumper

There are some holes CUT from the bumper!!!

Drove right back to tell them about it. The service rep was busy so another rep took some photos and say my service rep will call me first thing Monday.

No call from them on Monday but I gave them some time. Wednesday comes and still no call so I called the service rep and he didnt do a thing. He just wanted me to go back down so he can see it in person.

When I got down again, he's basically saying they only replaced the steering column and stereo amp and they didnt touch the bumper. I was trying to be reasonable and asked him how can a hole be cut like that. He tried to say it could be "Vandalism" or "It might have been like that when I took the car in"

I asked for the service manager because this service rep wasnt even willing to investigate the damage. Firstly, the service manager confirmed that the bumper was not removed as they checked the mounting screws and there was not a scratch on them.

The service manager said he will go over the work done with the tech and will get back to me.

Here are my concerns:

1, If their tech for whatever reason cut those holes, surely they wont be detailing that in the job card.

2, Whats the chance the bumper was swapped out? I know BMW has datadot protection but anyone know if they datadot the bumper piece? and if so, who or how can I can the datadot?

3, If they come back and say they didnt do it, what are my options?

*more info on http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170233*
Appreciate 0