View Single Post
      11-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Oh yea, comfort access people, you wont be able to get only ignition power with the keys in your pocket, the car will just plain start. I believe if you take the FOB out and insert it into the dash you will be able to get ignition only power if you so desire, though I'm not sure why you would.

Update: OK just bypassing it this was isn't going to work for comfort access people, not sure about normal people. It's hard to turn the car off without restarting it, and the car throws an error after driving a bit because the longer sensor is tripped while the shorter one is not.

Solution: A relay switch, I'll pick one up tomorrow from radio shack. Going to wire it to when the cruise control sensor trips (you barely have to depress the clutch) a circuit will complete between the 12v line and the 12v fully depressed line. Unfortunately simply jumping the cruise control line to the fully depressed line does not work because for some reason the cruise control line is only 8v as opposed to 12v for the fully depressed line. But 8v will be sufficient to activate the relay and pump 12v into the fully depressed line.

I believe the threaded rod on the firewall is 1/4-28, which stands for 1/4 inch diameter 28 threads per inch. I tried 1/4-20 which is the alternate version and it threaded 2 times before stopping, which is indicative of the wrong thread density.

Last edited by O-cha; 11-08-2007 at 12:28 AM..
Appreciate 0