05-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #39
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Conforti is providing both the tool to flash, his program(s) to flash with, and software so that you can modify programs. This means:

1) If you want it simple, just drive up to your local SharkInj garage hack and s/he will inject the program of your choice for a small fee. These backyard mechanics will pay Jim the $1k/year royalty, and charge you a six-pack if your girlfriend is cute.
Presumably they can store your original OEM and reflash back when you need to return to earth. Hopefully Jim has a foolproof system set-up so they don't get mixed up.

2) If you want it in your own little hot hands, you buy the injector and a program from Jim. Cheap. Inject and de-inject yourself. You do not have to make your own program, but...

3) If you are the more adventuresome modder, you get #2 above, but also the software to custom design your own program. IMO if #2 above is the fatman, this #3 is the H-bomb. The boost maniacs on this list -- you know who you are -- that I suggested needed to be muzzled or drugged into normalcy that were attracting the attention and ire of BMW will now be free to fully explore the 2nd law of thermodynamics and their own arrows of time.

I don't know where this leaves the rest of the tuning field. You could emulate the V3 or Dinan III and sell pirated copies.

It's unclear to me how the SI gets around the MSD80 logging (FASTA). I guess you reflash back and they can't tell???
There is was no wavier for the flash...Dinan has zero control now and I'm sure they haven't thought about it yet. It all just a parameter so all you do is a compare and your done. Want a bit more boost on top no problem.

It is very scary for BMW when they get wind of this.

The Dinan map will be posted in no time based of dme version ect. It reminds me of warez.

I buying it for sure no question.

We are in for some great entrainment in coming week...good luck Doc

Orb
Appreciate 0