Thread: Syria
View Single Post
      09-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #63
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

The coalition are all for "humanitarianism" when there is a financial gain or relatively low military risk. The fact that 100,000 people have died and 1M displaced had largely gone ignored. Obama made a mistake by saying there was a line which shouldn't be crossed, it's forcing his hand. Now he's looking to back track by getting congressional sign off - or not more likely!!

It doesn't mean that something doesn't need to be done! It does as it was in the balkans, sierra leone etc.

Do you think anyone is silly enough to fuck with the Israelis over the West Bank, Chinese with their appalling human right record or Russia with Chechnya/Georgia? These nations are highly capable militarily and would cause significant damage to the economy worldwide.

A few airstrikes over Libya were enough to tip the balance, I think some were hoping Syria to be as easy....