01-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Kitty in lucky escape shocker.

Hmmm.

So last night I decide its time to worm poor, defenceless and very cute little Luca the cat. I read the packet.... I'm pretty sure it said 'weigh the cat, the pop some tablets in his food' and so I did.

Woke up this morning and no morning kitty greeting. I went downstairs to find him and I hear a bump.... I check... he's on the floor swishing his tail about near the sofa. I assume he is playing with some fluff or something and wander off.... crash... and the cat flies into the kitchen sideways, drags himself across the floor and collapses under his favourite chair.....

I shit myself and picked him up right away. Checked him for lumps, bumps, lesions, cuts and bruises etc - nothing. Emergency Vet sounds worried and tells me to head to bradford.... last thing before I left I remember to take the packet of worming tabs just in case, but I was sure his days were numbered.

Anyway a quick check later and a look at the box and he is apparently allergic to a certain kind of wormer. He's been sleepy and unsteady all day, but he's recovering now. I prob gave him half a tab too much for his weight, but with the dose at 5 tablets... that's only 10% too much. The vet thinks it was an allergy and not my fault.... but Dammmmmn I feel guilty!!!

Poor little Luca.

Matt
Appreciate 0