08-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #20
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i View Post
My first bad experience with BMW Honolulu this morning.

So I schedule an appointment with my SA yesterday to get my AC checked out because its been pretty much blowing hot air that last week or so. My AUX fan was also coming on more frequently and it was also a lot louder than I remembered it being so I thought maybe the water pump was on its way out also.

Drop my car off this morning and the SA calls me back about 2 hours later. He states that they have diagnosed the car and both of the issues I brought the car in for will not be covered under my warranty. I asked why not? He says because my AC system has been over pressurized and there is also too much oil in the AC system. He claims that I or someone else overfilled my AC system.........

I told that that was bogus and I have never even touched the AC system nor have I took the car anywhere else for that reason. I bought the car from them 2 months ago and bought it CPO for that reason.

SA then said the techs took measurements of the pressure and the amount of oil that was in the system and said it was way over tolerance to have been done previously by BMW, so it had to have happened while in my possession.

He then proceeds to tell me that at the moment there is a $300 bill for the diagnosing and another $150 to have the system recharged. Then they will check to make sure it is operating properly. If not, there will be more parts and labor?!?!?!?

This is bull shit!

Is there any leverage for this? I have always had great service from this dealer. I cant even think of a way that I can prove that this wasn't caused by something I did.

NEED OPINIONS. The car should be ready to be picked up in the next hour or so..

-Nick
To add to this nightmare. On the drive home from the dealership I noticed my steering wheel is not straight when driving in a straight line. It's off kilter to the left about 10 degrees or so. I called the SA and told him immediately. He told me that my car had only be road tested for less than a mile and didnt see how it could have possibly been from their road test. I almost laughed when he said that. I guess a car can't be driven in to a pot hole in honolulu when driven under a mile or less (sarcasm). He said he would call me in Tuesday to see if the SM would offer a courtesie alignment. We'll see, I'm not holding my breath.
Appreciate 0