View Single Post
      01-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
The wheels look great (having them on Kev's car is a big plus too) but I'll be honest. For the price, it still seems a bit steep to get a set and have them powder coated. While I know, since I've been following the thread for a while now, that the quality of these wheels is a little better than that of its Miro and VMR competitors. Trying to justify spending almost $400 (w/o the sale price) more than the other two probably isn't going to fly (at least with me). Also, please take a look into better powder coating options. $100 a wheel is REALLY expensive compared to places like SupremePower who only charges $65 a wheel, or EAS who has 3 other finishes available standard, all for the same price as the standard hyper silver. So now if I was going to buy the same set of gunmetal color CSL's, I'm looking at an extra $100 for the quality of the rims (which is justifiable right now but might not be after the sale price ends) then I also have to shell out an extra $400 just to get the color I want?

You have a great product and I'm sure the ones down the road will be just as nice, but when you said you'd be in the ball park in terms of price of the other companies, you must have meant in the neighborhood that is 5 miles away from the ballpark. Your (regular) price is almost 50% higher than the rest out there.

my $.02
Miro/VMR wheels sell everywhere for $899/set. Our prices are only $100 more per set and is well justified. Our engineering, manufacturing and R&D is far beyond anything our competitors can match right now. So for only $100 you are buying a product that is clearly in the same level as OEM and you won't have to worry about any replica side effects that you`ll most likely worry about with other brands such as vibration, out of round wheels, easily bent/cracked wheels, or finishes coming off. Our position in the market is not to offer the most affordable replicas, but to offer the best ones.

As far as the optional finishes, thats all they are as of now, optional. VMR has been in the market for several years now and they are able to stock and offer several finishes of their CSL at no additional cost. Be sure that on our second batch we`ll offer 2-3 different finishes as well at no extra cost.

On the powdercoating, we cannot offer it for $65/wheel. Remember, our job right now is to offer you a product at the highest possible quality. We will not offer a mickey mouse powder coating just because the product is a replica. We`ll offer only the best powder coating finish if the customers so desires it.
Appreciate 0