Markyd83
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyd83 View Post
Dyno chart. I'm curious on your thoughts.

[/IMG]
Nice dyno. I used to have a Dyno Dynamics dyno myself. Just an FYI, that's a "fudged" dyno result. My guess is that the dyno owner adjusted his dyno to read higher (maybe comparable to Dynojets/Dynopacks). This isn't sneaky or bad in any way. It was just done since the dyno owner probably got tired of people being unhappy with low numbers. This is because the standard Dyno Dynamics calibration would put a max power stock turbo tune at ~380whp. It reads that much lower than other dynos (even lower than Mustang Dynos using their standard calibration)

If you wanted to see how your numbers match up with most of the other dynos posted on this forum, it would be worth to run your car on a Dynojet since it cannot be fudged and is more of an apples to apples comparison.

I will say that Dyno Dynamics dynos make the absolute best tuning tools. I used to do all my tuning on them and only then go to a Dynojet to see how it stacked up in comparison to others.

Cheers,
Shiv
I understand what you are saying. My friend that came with me and has a 135i. He has had his dynoed at other places and his put down 410/445 with downpipes 50/50 mix of meth Afe intake and jb4. He has put down very similar numbers at other dynos. And his baseline was 290 with tune set to 0 and no e85. Not arguing because I know all the work you do and follow everything you have done and have thought about jumping ship to do a single next fall so just explaining the scenario.
Appreciate 0