View Single Post
      02-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
sshirazz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A bottle of water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
Because he's got no appreciative driving experience. Zero. Sure maybe he's even poked around town for a bit in his mums Fiesta, but nothing on the level of a 306bhp RWD BMW. Maybe he doesn't even have that level of experience. OP, when did you pass your driving test?

It isn't all about his age. It's about experience and skill. Most car enthusiasts work their way up the car ladder, which means their experience level goes up as the power of the car they are driving increases. Having 300hp to the rear wheels requires a certain level of skill and car control when you use this power. And trust me, anyone who buys a 335i is planning on using the power. The insurance company seem to agree with my point of view that it isn't a good idea too from the fact they want him to pay nearly £2000 for his premium AND a £3000 excess. It just simply isn't worth it. The sensible thing to do was to buy a low priced car, with a bit of power (think 150-200bhp) and have that for a couple of years, then when the insurance has dropped to non mental prices AND you know what driving a quick car is like, then buy a 335i.

Oh good - problem solved. If only it was a case of just saying to yourself "don't fuck up" and you won't. I think i might tell myself "to not fuck up" and get my excess increased to save a bit of money.
I don't understand how you can say I have no driving experience. I've driven a Mercedes SLK for 2 weeks, a e90 320d for a weeks and have driven a e46 325i for a week. I am a confident driver

All I wanted to know is what I originally posted.
Appreciate 0