View Single Post
      07-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
MacBlack335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by apjr09 View Post
macblack, did you have the stock zsp springs on with the Performance dampers before you swapped the Eibach springs on there?

If so, can you tell any difference between just swapping the springs? (with Performance dampers)

Yep.... Had with ZSP springs and the lowering perches with the Performance Suspension. The ride was good.

I changed to the Eibach because the drop just wasn’t enough to my liking. I gave it a few months to settle.

I actually added the lowering perches after the initial install.

For all the “junk” you read on the perches they are actually awesome. DOESN’T change the ride at all. Just moves the complete strut assembly up in the tower ˝ inch.

The Debate was if I should to keep the perches going to the Eibach Pro. I actually did one side first and checked the drop. Glad I kept them.

The ride is NIGHT and DAY. I was shocked how well it felt and handled. The White 35i (2009) in the picture is stock ZSP and it rides a lot different and DOES NOT have the Performance suspension. A lot rougher.

The sad thing is I actually brought BRAND new ZSP springs when I installed the (OLD) BMW performance suspension.. ($133 deal).

I should have gone right to the Eibach Pro. I was trying to stay ALL factory BMW. I should have known better. The ZSP springs were almost 400.00.

I've changed Springs and Struts/Shocks on this car so many times I can do both fronts in less than an hour. SMILE...

Just a FYI:
Note the Black window trim. For those on the fence about painting or wrapping their window trim, I bit the bullet and installed BMW gloss black trim. Cheap? Nope, shipping a lone was over 100 bucks, but it's the only way to go. The wrap looks ok, but I couldn't handle the bubbles. Painting, well we'll leave it at that...
Appreciate 0