View Single Post
      06-30-2014, 04:15 AM   #411
CTR_Paul
Rep
Drives: 320d Sport Plus

*Edit: Buying experience, from Warrington Halliwell Jones, 10/10. Very professional and polite, agreed the price over the phone and on seeing/driving the car the deal was done. The only hesitation in using Warrington HJ again would be because I'd have to get the car serviced, and my local dealer is HJ Chester. Such is the poor quality of service I'll probably look away from BMW for my next car, details below!

Servicing:
I feel it only fair that I add my experiences about visits to Halliwell Jones in Chester.

The good:
- The service centre is very nice inside.
- They did pay for a taxi to work for me.
- Having the local dealer pick the car up from work is helpful.
- Replaced a rear left window regulator without issue.
- Good repair on minor scuff on alloy wheel.
- Fairly decent repair on rear bumper.

The bad:
- Took 3 visits to refit a rear weather seal. Rang me saying they needed the car overnight to take the entire rear window out to refit it. On inspection this clearly didn't happen, and they just restuck it on the bottom (thank god they didn't take it out given the quality of workmanship!).
- They keep washing the car even when I ask for that not to happen.
- Forgot to close the bonnet last time it was in for some work, I inspected the rear and sides and drove off. Only on hitting a bump in the road did I get the warning alarm.
- Didn't reset the MOT date as promised (I did it instead).
- When replacing the rear bumper they didn't align the rear lights properly ( I sorted that out)
- Service advisors are always running round like crazy, obviously got way too much on, plus they're the ones who've fed me the lies.

The bad ptII (Still outstanding):
- Can't diagnose an issue I have with the car making a grinding noise, reported at ~18k, still present at 24k (8 months on).
- Rear tail light in the boot/trunk has a loose connection, it's been in 3 times with this. Last time I was told the entire unit was replaced. Why it's got green mossy type stuff on the side then I don't know! Looks like it's not been removed, and I can only conclude they've lied about that as well as the rear windscreen.
- Asked to speak with the Service Centre manager, left my details and was told he'd ring back. Didn't hear a word, and still haven't.

So all in all I'd say, yes it's a nice dealership and convenient for me, but ultimately they fail at the most basic of tasks - fixing the car. What seem like small minor jobs seem to take two, three and sometimes four visits to be fixed.
Appreciate 0