01-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #97
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 LeMans View Post
Has this happened to of our friends in the US ?
I did read some US threads dealing with this issue a few months back but I don't have the links to hand now - from what I remember BMW USA were also suggesting 'external factors', such as impact damage, as the likely cause but they did seem more willing to help the customer with the cost of replacement: Probably in the knowledge that if a case was brought in the US, the outcome would cost them a lot more than in Europe.

Unfortunately I've seen this sort of disparity in treatment (US/Europe) many times in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
... my father had to have a new engine on his 328i because of the 'old high sulphur content in the fuel' story.
Ahh yes, the old Nikasil liners issue.

BMW Dealer: "Ahhh well there's the problem Sir. It's the fuel you see. Best not to drive em really but they do make a wonderful ornament".

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0