DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by research View Post
Alpina, have you found a good solution with your suspension experiments that help (noticeably I might add) with tramlining? Or where you live the roads are so good you never really have a problem with tramlining?

I think the suspension is one of the weaker points of the E9x - not necessarily cost wise as parts are cheap, but the way they're put together to give a universally good driving experience. On smooth roads the 3 series is as stables as a bigger 5 series, but go on poorer roads and car fidgets, skips and moves about way too much. Would you agree?
The mods I have done have all but eliminated tramlining. I think the combinatino of the floppy bushings, hard side wall RFT tires are the reason.

Keep the suspension firm and in place (m3 bushings), make the tires complaint and allow some bend and allow for greater grip - non-RFT tires.

Just the M3 wishbones/tension arms in the front, with non-rft tires did helped immensely for tramlining.

EDIT: Yes, stock the tramlining was very bad - you had to keep 2 hands on the wheel.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0