View Single Post
      01-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
So you run BP Ultimate exclusively? I might try it out, might involve going on a hoon to empty my current tank of Fuelsave
I personally do, (as it's the only premium fuel available locally). I'm of the opinion that continued use, is where you score, not some random tank full. So the 330d has had Ultimate for most fills. I had a time last year when Ultimate ran out locally and it was on the standard BP diesel, I felt the car was lacking, just didn't have the mid range urge of my normal driving. Noisier cold starts, mpg started dropping off as well. Back to Ultimate, smoother more urgent drive returned immediately.

My son uses Ultimate in his Fiesta vans. He notices the difference, as you need every bhp you can get, plus they get more mpg. The X3 2.0d runs sweeter and more powerful on BP Ultimate, compared to the regular BP Diesel.

I don't think many realise the smoke levels some of the fuels produce. Bosch smoke level tests show that fuels with a better additive package have less particulates than the typical lowest BS grade. Hence why I won't use supermarket fuel. If I had no choice, I'd dose each tankful with something like Millers.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0