08-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #281
Soliditude
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozhdbog View Post
It made a huge difference when I was out in the desert in 117 degree heat, racing back and forth from hotel to shoot location because I needed to grab additional camera gear. Never went over 245.

Compared to 104 degrees prior to having the stage 2 installed when it bumped up to 255 during much milder driving.

However, I haven't tracked the car yet, so I don't know how much it really affects performance. Also, I should note that since my car was non-sport from the factory, it didn't come with the water cooler, which the dealership installed -along with a couple other items- to bring it up to spec for the stage 2.
I see. Yeah, that makes sense. I think you mean the oil cooler, though, right? My M Sport had that, as opposed to a non-sport. But the dealer told me that the water cooler is part of the Stage 2 kit, making the oil cooler just the Sport extra that you get with the actual sport package. I don't know.

My car, after the PPK 1, has never went passed 245 like you said. I did some high elevation driving along with traffic in about 100 heat, and have never ran passed 245, so very happy. Did they install extra cooling ducts in the fog-light area in yours? Like the iS has.