View Single Post
      04-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
Gotta bump this thread. Thank you so much! I've got an N55 with MEVD176k, and you cannot register the battery with the .prg file. This appears to be applicable only to MSV70/80 & MSD70/80.

I got myself the Rheingold software and I'm able to register the battery without any problem. That seems to be the only way to do it with N55s, unless someone else finds another way.

I noticed in ISTA/P that I cannot select an 90ah AGM battery. It maxed out at 80ah, but I can see the 90ah option in my CAS module. I'm not sure exactly why that is, but thanks to your instructions, I can easily do it by changing the VO with NCS-Expert.

To anyone else with an N55 that needs to register their battery: Get the Rheingold standalone software and a K+D-CAN cable. It couldn't be simpler to set up, comes with easy instructions, and the whole process will cost you however much the cable costs.
I actually think I used the 176k .prg to register my battery in tool32 (Mevd172 N55). The option was there. Not sure why it wouldn't be for you if you loaded the right .prg. I am not expert in that area thought just passing along the info I've found.

Rheingold is by far the easiest solution. Messing with NCSExpert and Tool32 requires much more effort lol.
Appreciate 0