06-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #20
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerider187 View Post
hahahah.. maybe later

okay man i listened to your advice and got ultimate compound...

i dont know why, but I did.

how is ultimate compound easier to use?

and dang I didnt know I could apply wax with my hands, kinda callused to dont wana scratch the CC

do you guys reckon I should sealant + wax??? or just wax? or just sealant.

what decent sealant can I get at walmart or Canadian tire?

thanks guys

cant wait to go yolo on my car

if I get good, I am going to charge other people ^_^

hopefully I want scratch their porsche or Im driving away bi turbo style
If you're using M205 , the next logical step up is not necessarily M105 - there are plenty of products between these two. Ultimate Compound is such a product. It was derived from M105 and is way more user friendly on a DA - much longer buffing cycle, much less dust, and generally a far easier wipe off.

If you're a novice to DA buffing, even with all the great things that have been said about it (and it really is pretty fantastic stuff), M105 is probably not the best choice. M105 can be kind of finicky on a DA and it's learning curve can be fairly steep when used on that tool. If you've read all the basic intro to DA articles, watched a bunch of YouTube videos of people using a DA, etc and then jump in with M105 you may end up being a bit frustrated.

People have this natural tendency to reach for the biggest hammer they can find because they believe it will get the job done faster. M105 is one of the most aggressive product Meg makes - it is designed primarily for use with a rotary buffer and either a wool pad or very aggressive foam pad to remove sanding marks as heavy as 1000 grit in fresh paint.

I hope this helps....