idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Horseshit. I'm sorry, but I keep reading your posts and you have little understanding of the N54/any engine and it's operation. Any and all tunes the tunes make similar power given the same boost, timing, fueling and VANOS mapping.

Stage 0 is "weak" because it's the fucking stock map.
Stage 1 is designed for a 100% stock car(there are different versions for different fuel types on all Cobb stages)
Stage 1+ is a fairly peppy tune but it's not designed for a FBO+meth/e85 setup so it's not going to be comparable to a more aggressive tune.
Ohh, and takes ~45 seconds to swap maps.

Only "real" car enthusiests use piggybacks? Have you ever actually seen ATR/ATP? Damn, I guess ECU table remapping is only for amateurs. I didn't know HPtuners, Diablo and SCT were all NOOBs to tuning

I'm not knocking any of the other tunes(if he had been knocking JB4 or PROcede in a similar fashion I would probably be saying the exact same thing) they're great and all make similar power(like I said) but when you keep seeing uninformed asshats bash things they have no clue about then it's hard to bite your tongue.

LOL You're an idiot and illiterate. A real car enthusiast will WANT to work on their car. Not someone who bring their car into the shop for everything (like a girl/ warranty work is different). where in my post did i say a real car enthusiast uses a piggyback? LOL

to install the cobb it does NOT take 45 seconds. from mod bargains post "to mention that the COBB AP does allow for you to do live data logging, trouble shoot and scan codes, and of course switch maps on the fly as well! Installation is simple and it literally takes 10 minutes to download your stock map to the COBB AP and 8-10 minutes to flash your car to the stage 1 map."

jb4 map 1 will obliterate cobb stage 1 or 1+. plus map 5 on jb4 will probably shit on cobbs stage 1-2 maps. again. NO METH OR e85 maps. OTS cobbs (e30+ maps) are not as good as jb4 auto tune or procedes auto tune.

Cobb is just not impressive. But cool and easy for the lazy fucks. You act like i get this information out of the air. Ive ran cobb'ed cars and raped them and i had less mods and a jb3 at that! dude then sold it for a jb4. He was much happier.

You can get good results with cobb, its just that jb4 and procede can get those numbers while doing ALOT more things the cobb cant. The device is impressive.

ive seen stage 1 cobb dynos and it doesnt put out the power a procede or jb4 can.

Last edited by idrift4wd; 11-25-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0