View Single Post
      12-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #22
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Steptronic

Thought I`d revisit this thread (again), as my account may be of some help to anyone else in the same predicament.

Okay, after my power-woes earlier in the week.........................well, I never did need a trip to the dealer, as my beastie just seemed to sort itself, without human-intervention

It still seemed a little bit sluggish the day after, lower down the rev-range, but, as time wore on, the sluggishness disappeared, and now the "animal" is back to its stunning best !

I don`t really know what to think; bad batch of fuel maybe ? I always brim the tank everytime I re-fuel, so it was full of BP`s finest. Funny that, as I`ve read that someone else`s on here didn`t like BP diesel either, but who knows ?

The father-in-law (now in his 70`s) used to be a mechanic a long time ago, and reckons that I`d partially flooded the cylinders after crawling along in traffic for ages, then suddenly asking for massive acceleration. He explained that diesel used to be more difficult to disperse in the cylinder, but whether that is still the case, I don`t know ?

Anyway, back to its best, as I said, and now with a full tank of Shell`s finest in it, so we`ll see.

My point being, after all this, is to say that a bit of poor running doesn`t always end in tears, and can just be down to something and nothing.