View Single Post
      05-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #130
saxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: s4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcExSpades View Post
Check this thread out. There a group buy in NJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjasper View Post
I am most certainly no expert in this process, but from what I have seen it may be tough to do this in 4 hours. I have seen some videos and photo documentation of the process and it seems to be a bit like dentistry. You really have to work the wand around to pinpoint every crevass and surface of each valve port, rather than just hooking up the connector and pressing the "blast" button. And while it would be great if you could just drive in and hook the machine right up, a good chunk of the labor has to be digging down to get access to the intake ports themselves. You have to remove the MAF, cowl, engine cover, the entire intake, about 5-600 sensors, vacuum lines, and a sizeable collection of clips and harnesses before you can even get the manifold off to finally access the ports.
for people who havent done this i could understand 2 hours for r&r of the intake manifold, in reality its an hour job to take off the manifold and put it back on, leaving 3 hours of labor which means they would be cleaning each port for about 30 mins each (find that to be very generous)s

either way its still cheaper than vac and the more people that start demanding this service the cheaper every place will start offering it
Appreciate 0