cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntubaro View Post
I don't think it is battery related. The battery in there is only maybe 9 months old and I have full power on the headlights and interior lights. We also tried boosting and couldn't even get a crank. I will check the voltage tomorrow to be sure though.

The fob is communicating with the car as I can lock/unlock the car from a distance. There are dings and bells when I get in the car and the key sign pops up on the dash so the car knows I have a key in the car. When I put the fob in the slot the steering wheel doesn't unlock, I can't shift out of park and I can't access the on board computer or anything. It's as if I have the key for another BMW when I try to start it.

Sidenote: Does anyone know how to shift the car out of park without putting the key in? Would be a great help if I could just push it into the garage for now. Thanks for all your replies!
Sounds like you need a new starter. Same thing happened to me before. 1.2k for a starter replacement at BMW (Canada).

Although it is not common for even 06's to need a new starter, it does happen and really varies from car to car and of course the mileage.

For now, just shift it to N and push the car.
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0