HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Cool! Listen, I break it down like this. Springs and shocks have more of an effect of how the car rides and sway bars effect how flat the car is when cornering.

Shocks and springs DO help in the car staying flatter on turns but the real item you should be looking into is sways.

Of course a total upgrade would raise the limits of you car no doubt.

However, I still stand by my originally statement that only a rear sway should be upgraded (but that is from my experience driving. I should clarify that upgrading just the rear bar will make the car more prone to over-steer. You should be an above average driver to control a car prone to over-steering, that is why most car companies design cars to do the opposite, under-steer - the average driver can handle driving strait into a tree instead of trying to keep the car from spinning.)

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
hey man, by all means and no offense, I think I learned quite a few lessons here and they are very good info. I like to learn. So, thanks for the info, really.

Just that, i was meaning to see if anyone who has installed them enjoyed their upgrade (and thanks to those responded!), not to see if I should take professional track lessons to learn how to drive and "feel" the car professionally or even semi-professionally.

I just want to see that, from the experience of the people who has it, IF THAT $1000 upgrade on the sways, control arms, etc is WORTH the money, for an average joe!

But thanks for the lessons.

Kevin, yea, its a long summer and I'm not in a hurry. Hopefully someone starts a GB again on these stuff
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0