View Single Post
      02-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Ovalcram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

3rd time is a charm. And a new custom sub enclosure

Hey guys, here is the story of my audio setup...
So early January I bought a JL audio a1400 amp and a 12W1 to go with it. I absolutely LOVED the sound that I was getting from this set up alongside the factory hifi system (no logic 7). Then in February I visited my parents in Brownsville. When I was packing my dad decided to put my dumbbell in my trunk. I didn't think anything of it but when I got back to Austin and finally did a hard brake, I heard a pop from my speakers. I thought it was just me unplugging my iphone but when I got to the trunk to unload, this is what I saw...

I FREEEEAKKKEDDD OUTTT. I then called up a local place that sells JL audio and asked if they had a cheap JL sub laying around. They said they had some of the older V3's in 10". I didn't want to drop top dollar on a newer sub after this so I decided to pick this one up. So I went from a 12" W1 to a 10" W3v2. Before I mounted this sub, I turned my amp all the way down so I could tune it well after... or so I thought....

TURNS OUT THAT I DIDN'T turn it all the way down... instead I turned it ALL THE WAY UP! So when I played my "bass song" (Swag Surfing- Lil Wayne), I heard a POP when the bass intro kicked in... At this point I just wanted to quit. I was thinking "forget all this sh*t". BUT I love my bass too much to just give up. 3 days later, and a couple hundred bucks more... I picked this up...

And I didn't stop there. I wanted it look good and be protected. So I got this done today...

I'm pretty happy about it. I LOVE how it looks. I was going to get the universal carpet, but it still had a weird contrast compared to the lining in the trunk so I decided to just do a full black carpet contrast. I hope you guys like it!
Appreciate 0