LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFother View Post
Impressions after 24 Hours for a NON I-Drive 6FL:

Today was my first day with the appropriate cable. I noticed that (As MajorHusker pointed out) the IPod displays "OK to disconnect". Now here is my big problem...I don't think the Ipod shuts off when you turn off the car and walk away! This morning...I got in my car...opened the glove box...and the IPod display lit up! I HAD NOT put the key in the "ignition" and I do not have Comfort Access. Sounds like we are back to the age old question:

Does the light in the refrigerator go out when you close the door?

Anyway...I'm sure there is more to this then I know. An owners manual that explains all this would have been a big help. Perhaps I'm just a moron...and I need to disconnect the IPod every night and haul it inside. To me...I only intend to take it out of the car on hot days, and when I need to update it. I would also prefer if I didn't have to open the glove box and shut the thing off, or worse yet...disconnect it and then shut it off, every time I get out of my vehicle. Maybe I'm just asking for the moon...
Could it be that the USB is hot all the time? An iPod will eventually turn off after no use unless it is being acted upon by other forces. Is it also possible that simply unlocking the car/opening the door turns it on? I agree that if it is warm to the touch, it has probably been on for awhile though.

And I would never call you a moron... not to your face.

Thanks for the info - keep it coming, especially the refrigerator test. We are living vicariously through you at the moment.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0