View Single Post
      05-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #1110
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Hi George. I haven't been on the forums for a long time, but I had a few questions about a new direction I'm thinking of taking.

'07 black saph 335i. Still looks great, since I've always got a lot of product on the car. In the past I've gone with Menzerna polishes after wash and clay, then Menz FMJ. I used to go with Natty blue post FMJ, but I liked the results of the FMJ so much I stopped the Natty. My only problem (like most others) is that the FMJ doesn't last very long.

I'm thinking of changing from FMJ to BlackFire Wet Diamond....or I've also considered the new Menz PLPS....after wash, clay, and slight imperfection removal with Menz polish...either "intensive" or "final" depending on the removal level. I have a Flex 3401 and various Lake Country pads.

Here's my questions:

Would you reccomend the BlackFire Wet or the Menz PLPS?
Do you think I should use a "cleaner wax" such as the one from Dodo Juice? (I've never used a "cleaner wax" after polishing.....but I'm thinking I should).
What would you think about using Clear Kote Carnuba Moose Wax after the sealant?
What is the cure time for the 2 sealants mentioned above? I would prob use 2-3 coats.
What is the cure time for the Moose Wax? how many coats?
Finally....what is the shelf life for Menzerna FMJ? I ask since I have a lot left, and I don't want it to go to waste.....probably use on my wife's car.

Thanks!