View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #1046
Bmw_ET
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i -08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastway View Post
I am having this problem that you have now. I am also from Sweden and have a 2008 with 85000 km and my waranty is out. I am getting the fault code 2A98
and yellow engine light. When i start the car cold i dont have these problems but after ive been driven for about 10-20 km the engine light sometimes appears and when i turn the car of and try to turn it on the second after, I get a very long start time, about 5 seconds and then the engine light turns up right after. The fault code indicates that there might be a problem with the camshaft/crankshaft sensors or that there is something with the chain.

Bmw_ET please pm me I would really like to discuss this further with someone that has been talking to mechanics in Sweden.

Lastway: Sad to hear you have the same problem. It started the same way for me, with the car being hard to start. Iīm not allowed to send PMīs for some reason. Can you PM me?

Follow up from last week: I talked to BMW Sweden and in the end they paid for all the parts and 25% of the labour. My local workshop stood for additional 25% of the labour so in the end it worked out ok for me.

However, 2 days later the car was hard to start and gave me the warning light again... despite the chain replacement. So right now my car is back at the workshop for troubleshooting.

I actually managed to get the old chain home with me and yes, it is quite worn and prolonged. But if itīs really that bad I canīt tell... But the fact that I now have the same problem again despite the chain replacement makes me wonder... Maybe itīs just the camshaft sensor or similar thatīs bad...

To be continued.

Last edited by Bmw_ET; 04-20-2013 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 0