fenixxishot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i e92 AW MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lilredwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixxishot View Post
I'm fairly confident it is related to oil filter housing gasket( not the o ring on the filter cap) as I have some oil in the coolant over flow so I know there is contamination. The repair got pushed to this weekend so I will have an update on Sunday as to whether this fixes it or not. If the gasket does not solve the problem I fear I may have a crack somewhere in one of the two housings.
did you get it fixed?

JP
Sorry I didn't provide an update to this thread but yes part of the oil leak issue was resolved. However I also discovered I am leaking oil from the crank seal which was most likely damaged from when the belt shredded and wrapped around the crank pulley it damaged the seal. It seems the most difficult part of fixing this is finding the damn glue that bmw required to change the seal. I should be able to fix the seal tomorrow as my parts are expected to arrive in the AM. I have a post about the crank seal leaking I will update with the specifics of how that repair goes as i know I'm not the only person with a leaking crank seal.
Appreciate 0