View Single Post
      12-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #111
myke354
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoupe View Post
Just some thoughts here on what you stated...

1. Why would running a different coil and burning the fuel better change the fact that it is di and the carbon is built up on the intake side of the valve not on the combustion side? The better solution would be to run a second set of fuel injectors in a spacer between the manifold and head to "wash" them clean.

check my other comments as i answered that for someone else

2. Are you assuming he wants more compression? Because I am pretty sure he stated that he was switching to a lower compression like the Alpina so that he can run more boost and therefore make more reliable and safe power.

i know he said he wanted lower compression and there is nothing wrong with that.. just remember please how small the turbos are and how much boost he was running 14-15psi and at 17psi we are over boosting our turbos..

3. Our blocks don't need sleeved because they have AluSil sleeves already.

this i did not know so thank u for letting me know

4. The piston has ideal flame travel. Since the motor is DI, the fuel and spark happen directly above the center of the piston maximizing the force it creates by pushing the piston straight down, unlike an FI motor.

now on this i dont think we will see eye 2 eye as i look at these pistons and all i see dished piston that looks more like a bowl.. but i am going to show these pics to a engine builder i work with and see what he says

5. Not trying to bust your balls, but the answers and reasons to most of what you asked or said you would have done is already covered in either his first post, or his subsequent. Hope this helps you out a bit since he hasn't responded!
i know ur not busting my balls and i thank you for ur feed back .. to me thats what forums are about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Could you please explain how this would prevent carbon accretion on the valve stems and the intake side of the valves?
ok if i am worng please let me know Carbon is a direct result of the fuel air mixture burning in the combustion chamber.. there for by adding a stronger spark would in most cases burn more of the fuel witch in the long run would make less carbon...