View Single Post
      01-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #188
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
I noticed my engine making a ticking noise while at the checkout booth for airport parking. I had never heard it before inside the car, so dont know how long its been going on. The engine was cold and I had the window down, the sound was bouncing off the booth wall. It sounded like an old Bonneville. I got on here and read the posts and made an appointment. Took it in-They tried to give me a Ford Taurus (supposedly out of BMW loaners) i had a mini-fit calling the Taurus crap and left. The Service Advisor must have gone back and looked up my profile (I must be a VIP, LOL) he called me in the car an told me to come back, he just found a BMW, and he was really, really extra nice nice. He just called, while I was on here reading about lifters, the cars been there 2days now. They are waiting on a BMW Rep. to come on Monday (yes they also heard the noise) I will keep you posted on results. I do not like the stripped 2007 X3 loaner, but I aint complaining, its better than the Taurus. Its just very plain and ho-hum for a newly remodeled BMW. Has hardly any of the computer and dash functions of the E90s.
Appreciate 0