05-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
A maintenance wash always seem to take longer for me. I don't want to do anything that would induce defects during the wash.

If I am on a client's vehicle with paint corrections to come, it will naturally be a different story. Much shorter time since I don't have to be as careful.... I will be buffing it out anyway.

I thought you had your wheels opti-coated. If so, it shouldn't take long to do. Opti-coat is probably the best coating for wheels IMO and I have install a few in the past year (CQuartz, CQuartz UK, Gtechnig Exo, Opti Coat).

I didn't put a coating on my car because I like to try out new products way too much. I been trying out the CarPro Hydr02 touchless sealant for the last 3 weeks and it made wheel cleaning process so much easier. No cleaner or soap. I take my power washer to them and they were clean in less than 10 minutes.
No I don't. Im still waiting to Opti-Coat my wheels whenever I get a new set. I agree with not putting coatings on the paint. I like to try new products and wax my car unless its an impossibly hard wax to apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
I don't think the frequency of wash is a factor. On some paint system like BMW Jet Black (Soft paint), marring from washing is very real. Great care has to be employ for a simple maintenance wash. A harder paint system is much more forgiving and this is why the detailing community refer to the "BMW Jet Black " not as a color but as a full time job. Yes.... it will scratch if I sneeze on it too hard.
I agree, my Monaco Blue is incredibly easy to induce marring.