View Single Post
      03-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Is this really a surprise for you guys? 3 Series do dominate in its class.

What a real business man would focus on is, how much increase in sales for the IS350 in first month of introduction compared to IS300 in its first month of release. It increased by 250% some percent. Considering how well the new generation IS is doing compared to older generation IS, I would consider that as a threat(somewhat). They can't just take over the segment in one generation that BMW has been the top dog for so many generations.

Though we'll have to wait and see if huge sales increase in Lexus IS line-up will continue in the future, for now, its impressive enough and Im sure Lexus is more than happy about it. Then again, seeing how BMW sales were increasing in its 4th month(6486 -> 6523 versus 4447 -> 3882), it seems like the IS' interest is falling, and maybe after all the impressions about the new IS, people decided to go with E90 instead.

Its just a question of whether competitions' a"mount of threat" is "increasing or decreasing". Notice I never say there is a definite threat. Because there isn't yet.

GregA, do you happen to have first month sales of 1999 BMW(first year E46)?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0