NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisruf911 View Post
I had to travel 300+ miles to get my manual e92...On the expressway I leave it in 6th and have enough ass to pass people from 50mph on up. There really is no hunt for gears with a car this powerful...
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ricer View Post
Supply and demand really. Just picked up a MT e90 335 CPO, and while the price was fair the dealer wouldn't budge a penny on the price. They can see us MT for life guys coming from a mile away and know all to well the number of models with MT for hundreds of miles in every direction can be counted on one, maybe two hands. So you have zero bargaining power really. Is it worth it, absolutely!!
I hear ya...

I found my car 600 miles away in far North California. I did the entire deal over the phone/internet.

The dealer was very responsive and provided everything I asked for (Carfax, maintenance history, detailed photos) and everything checked out. There were probably about 3-4 CPO MT 335i's available at the time in the entire state of California. I remember there were 17 CPO E92 335i available in the entire country at the time.

The car had all the options I wanted (except M Sport which was not available for E92's in '09) and none of the options I did not want. And it had Michelin PS2's (no run-flats!)

I wanted to check the car out but due to professional commitments had no time to do so, and the cost to get up there would have been $600+ anyway. When the dealer offered to deliver the car for $500.- in an enclosed trailer, that sealed the deal.

8 months later and smooth sailing...

For Sale: 2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Sport / M-Technic / no iDrive / Black Sapphire / Black Dakota Leather, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, 19" VMR VB3, Pilot Super Sport, M3 control arms + tension links (fr) S. California
Appreciate 0