135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniter View Post
For the ignition advance.
Also, I'm targeting 11.0 in the DME, but I get between 10.2-11.4 in each run.
When I target 11.5 I get 11.5, not 11.0. I'm not sure how to get it to run 11.0.

So I have two shiny objects to chase:
More boost
or
More lean

What makes more power? I don't have a dyno
We’re rapidly reaching the limits of my knowledge regarding tuning with the PROcede and tunerpro, my amateur knowledge is all on the flash/ATR side of the table.

But on paper both leaning it out and more boost can net you more power. Lean is usually fast until things melt hah. Without a dyno though, I’d be hesitant to request much more timing than current. You’d be adding more pressure in cylinder for unknown gains.

It makes sense to tune and target rich when you are troubleshooting an aggressive tune like this, but man you are seriously rich. There’s just no need to be down at 10.5-11:1 on this platform. Lean it out to more like 11.5-12:1, I’d imagine the car would prefer that at WOT anyways.

I’d figure out the fuel/AFR side of things before messing with any more boost or advance. I get scared when people tune for meth as octane/fuel on pump gas, but your setup is obviously a cut above even the nicest CP tapped setups and barring catastrophic flow failure, you should be just fine.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0